We LOVE essential oils and the benefits they have for children! We are kicking off the month of April and during this month we love to celebrate Earth Day all month long… even though at The Learning Tree… Earth Day is everyday since our centers are eco-friendly and we teach a green lifestyle! So we are excited to share with you a little bit more about what we do at The Learning Tree to be a eco-friendly and green childcare center.
Did you know that in each of our classrooms and lobbies at all five of our locations we have essential oil diffusers?! As you may know, one of our Core Values is “Teaching a Green Lifestyle” and one way we do this is by having Young Living Essential Oils in our classrooms and lobbies for our children, teachers, and families.
Young Living Oils are an all green and eco-friendly essential oil. They are oils harvested from plants, herbs and trees that are carefully steam distilled or cold pressed. These pure, precious oils are more potent than the botanicals from where they’re extracted and contain powerful, concentrated health and wellness benefits.
Using essential oils in the classroom or at home with your children can reduce undesired behavior, calm children, clear unpleasant odors, boost mood, sharpen mental focus and so much more. At The Learning Tree we have Essential Oil Resident Experts who are in charge of our essential oils and go around their center to make sure each classrooms is set up as well as our lobbies.
We would love to share with you a few different essential oils and combinations that can help with at all different times!
- Needing a smell of fresh air to remove unpleasant odors?! Try this: 3 drops peppermint, 2 drops basil & 2 drops orange
- Needing to focus?! Try this: 3 drops cedarwood, 2 drops bergamot & 2 drops geranium
- Feeling under the weather? Try this: 4 drops eucalyptus, 2 drops wintergreen, 1 drop frankincense & 1 drop rosemary
- Looking to boost your mood? Try this: 4 drops lime, 3 drops tangerine, 1 drop peppermint
- Feeling anxious? Try this: 3 drops lavender, 3 drops sacred sandalwood & 3 drops eucalyptus radiata
- Can’t sleep? Try this: 5 drops lavender & 4 drops cedarwood & 1 drop vetiver
There are so many different blends and ways to naturally support you mentally and physically. We love using Young Living essential oils in our centers and have gotten so many great comments from our families, who loved the benefits and how it has been working for their children that they started brining Young Living diffusers into their homes.
We love teaching and living a green lifestyle at The Learning Tree and will continue to share different blends with you to help you live your healthies and happies life!