Did you know that you may qualify for FREE Pre-K?! There is nothing better than being able to get your child Kindergarten ready…fore FREE! The Learning Tree Livonia locations partnered with the State of Michigan GSRP program, which provides you with free Pre-K.
Our GSRP classrooms are officially open and we are so excited to announce that we now have the option for children to join us VIRTUALLY or IN PERSON!
GSRP is Michigan’s state-funded preschool program for 4-year-old children that implements a high quality curriculum. In order to qualify for our GSRP program, children must be 4 by December 1, 2020. This year the State of Michigan released a NEW income bracket to allow more families to qualify for FREE PRE-K! There is nothing better than being able to save money while allowing your child to get a great education with a high quality Pre-K program.
The Learning Tree is proud to partner with GSRP to provide a high-quality early education to 4 year old children. We have GSRP classrooms at our Livonia-North, Livonia-South and Livonia-West locations and have enjoyed partnering with the State. We love that GSRP uses the same Highscope Curriculum that all of our classrooms are already implementing. There is no better place to send your child!
We are so excited to introduce to you our GSRP teacher, meet Ms. Kim!
“Hello Everyone! My name is Kim and I am so excited to be teaching the GSRP program this year. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education as well as a Master’s Degree in Special Education. I have taught grades Pre-K through 2nd grade for the past 15 years.
I am the proud mother of 3 children who all attend The Learning Tree. In our free time my husband and I love to take our kids camping, hiking and fishing. We love the outdoors! I am looking forward to working with you and your child. This year will be filled with fun and educational opportunities that help your student grow.” – Kim
Learn more about our GSRP in person and GSRP from home!
GSRP In Person:
- Monday – Thursday 8am – 3pm with back up care available outside class hours and full day Friday!
- Highscope Curriculum!
- Fresh, organic breakfast, AM snack, lunch & PM snack
- Face to face learning with children and live interactions with teachers.
How we are keeping everyone safe for In Person Learning:
- Temperature check of all employees, parents and children when they enter our buildings.
- Touchless health screenings on Kid Reports App
- Drop off and pick up at classroom door
- Employees & parents wear masks at all times, children 5 and up wear masks at all times. 4 year old wear mask in lobby and hallway.
- Additional ZONO, sanitizing & disinfecting playgrounds, and all inside surfaces, materials and items several times per day.
- Increased hand washing required throughout the day, with camera checks from leadership team to assure compliance.
- School shoes are used. These shoes will stay inside the classroom.
- “Wash Buckets” are in every classroom for toys observed in a child’s mouth to immediately be removed and cleaned.
- Hand & Shoe Sanitizer stations set up in our lobby areas.
GSRP From Home:
- Monday – Thursday, twice per day class meets live on Zoom!
- Highscope curriculum!
- See and interact with other children and a teacher virtually.
- Children meet twice a day for 30 minutes each, with other students and their GSRP teacher.
- Families will have full week lesson plan with links to zooms and other at home curriculum activities.
- Teachers will be in contact and available throughout the week to communicate with parents on child’s specific developmental goals.
- Activities are made to allow parents to be a partner in learning and to gain independence for children.
- Enrolling in virtual GSRP allows your child to build trust and relationships through technology to prepare for kindergarten
- Parents partner with teachers to complete child assessment to track growth and development through anecdotal notes.
- New, innovative way to continue education and keep children learning while staying safe at home!
- Options for pick up of materials and lesson plan available and arranged as needed!
- Our goal is to keep kids learning through the pandemic!
If you are interested in our GSRP program, please reach out to our Enrollment Specialist, Kim at email@example.com and she will be in contact with you shortly after to discuss the enrollment process.