About a year ago, we created a virtual learning platform for our preschool and Pre-K children. With the pandemic we wanted to make sure that we were still there for children to support their growth even when they were at home. Therefore, our virtual learning curriculum was developed with three goals in mind:
- Stay connected and engaged with children
- Support parents while they navigate the new normal
- A community resource to keep children learning.
We have two virtual teachers who are amazing and focus hard on helping your child learn and interact with other children from home. Meet our Virtual Teachers, Ms. Amber & Ms. Tay:
Click here to learn about Ms. Amber
Click here to learn about Ms. Tay
Here is what is included in our virtual learning program:
- Weekly lesson plans:
- We create weekly lesson plans that are emailed with links to every virtual curriculum activity. Each day, the classrooms meets 3 times; 2 LIVE 30-minute zoom session and 1 pre-recorded activity. Our lesson plans include materials needed, all to be found at home, so that children can explore and learn right there with their virtual teacher.
- Full Video Access:
- Our YouTube Channel also becomes a resource of activates to do anytime at home! While we suggest keeping a consistent daily routine with these, we know that is not always possible. Our parents have access to our private YouTube channel that includes all LIVE zoom sessions and all pre-recorded curriculum activities.
- Partner In Play:
- Each activity is planned so that parents can partner with their child together, or it can be done independently so that parents can work from home, take care of tasks or just enjoy some time to themselves. We have continued to build trust and relationships through technology, and promise to serve children with high-quality curriculum.
But wait, that is not all… we also offer a second option for families who would like more support. We offer a program that includes everything listed above AND two one-on-one sessions per week with a virtual teacher. These one-on-one sessions can focus on anything that you would like your child to focus on. However, if you are unsure where to start, our virtual teachers have an AMAZING lesson plan that they provide to help your child to get Kindergarten ready!
We are proud of our virtual learning program and how we are able to connect with children all over the country. Even though we are a Michigan-based child care center, we have families who join us virtually from many different states! It has been a huge learning experience for these children to meet people who are from different parts of the world then what they are familiar with.
If you are interested in joining our virtual learning program, please reach out to our enrollment specialist, Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org