The seasons are changing and it is time to add some new items to our menu! Since the weather is starting to cool down, we thought it was the best time to try out some new soup recipes! There is nothing better than coming in from a chilly day on the playground and enjoying a nice warm bowl of soup with your friends before nap time! But wait that’s not all… of course we have to follow our organic and fresh menu so it just makes the soup that more nutritious and healthy for our little ones!
So, let’s take a look of what exactly is in our delicious turkey tomato soup!
- 3/4 lb Ground Turkey
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 chopped onion
- Minced garlic – equivalent of 3 cloves
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 jar Prego pasta sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pasta
- 1/2 cup dry basil
- Heat olive oil in pot
- Add onion and garlic – cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add ground beef and cook thoroughly
- Add pepper and oregano to the beef and stir
- Pour in the chicken stock and pasta sauce
- Scraping the bottom of the pop as you stir
- Bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes
- Add pasta and cook for an additional 10 minutes
- Add in basil and cream cheese
- NOW SERVE & ENJOY!
Well there it is a perfect turkey tomato soup recipe to enjoy on our chilly fall days! So far this new item on our menu has been a huge hit and we are so excited for our families to try it out!
Please comment and let us know how your recipes turned out and if it was a hit at your house!!
For more updates about our daily activities, please check out our Facebook pages!